Group - IAE LLC Summer 2020 Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10952
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363452 Date posted 10/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Controllerâ€s groups for International Aero Engines LLC and AG (IAE LLC and IAE AG) account for all transactions related to these businesses.Â IAE LLC is the entity that designs, manufactures and supports the PW1100 engine which is one of Prattâ€s geared turbo fan (GTF) engines using Prattâ€s latest technology for jet engines.Â Â The intern with help with general ledger entries, processing accounting transactions, testing of the controls over financial reporting (SOX controls), process improvements, and other ad hoc projects.Â
Key projects & responsibilities:
- T he candidate will work closely with a Finance team to deliver real results in the areas of accounting, finance, financial planning and analysis or financial operations.
- Interns will w ork on day to day financial tasks as well as ad hoc projects assigned by the department.
- Summer interns may also have the opportunity to work with the Sarbanes Oxley tool, which includes gathering documentation and testing.
- The intern with help with general ledger entries, processing accounting transactions, testing of the controls over financial reporting (SOX controls), process improvements, and other ad hoc projects.Â
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Business, Finance, Accounting
- You are graduating between: May 2021 â€" May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363452
Community / Marketing Title: Group - IAE LLC Summer 2020 Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US