DT Digital Systems Specialist - Digital Factory
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10951
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363119 Date posted 10/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a global leader in aircraft propulsion and is behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture, and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
We are seeking a digital systems specialist to join our Digital Technology Connected Factory Program office. Pratt& Whitney is in the early stages of their digital manufacturing journey and is looking for interesting candidates to drive additional functional capabilities.
Â Smart factory concepts deployed to enable P&W to meet extensive product delivery commitments for the Geared Turbo-Fan and F135 engine programs. Selected individuals will lead the development and drive the extended deployments of the Digital Factory solution set across 45 world-wide manufacturing and aftermarket sites at P&W.
You will be required to leverage and align with DT, the dX, customers and industry leaders to identify future IIOT opportunities. Work in the Hadoop environment to enable enterprise visibility and operational analytics. Participate in the strategy and tactical deployment of future optimization opportunities across the supply-base, airframe manufacturers and airline customers.
The position will enable substantial growth opportunities in the areas of digital solutions, technology advancement, driving revenue improvements for P&W and execution visibility across the enterprise. Substantial travel to world-wide locations will be required.
**Years of experience flexible based on your qualifications**
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full product management responsibility
- Agile, Minimally Viable Product design (MVP), development, deployment
- Working with internal customer and external suppliers, business partners to architect and build system solutions using the latest technologies to satisfy requirements
- Assess PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and sensor technologies to meet shop floor connectivity and data acquisition need.
- Leading the solution deployment activities across 45 world-wide sites
- Design & development of proof-of-concept functional solutions
- Participation in communications events with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelorâ€s degree (BA/BS)
- 3+ Years Experience with manufacturing shop floor systems.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Digital Technologies preferred.
- 3+Years Experience with digital technologies, manufacturing systems, manufacturing operations manage, manufacturing execution systems, PLC/SCADA systems, network systems architecture would be preferred.
- Understanding of the Agile & Design Thinking methodologies
- Desire to learn & apply enterprise analytics and machine learning
- Knowledge of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
- Emerging technology identification, assessment & adoption
- Solution architecture design
- Broad collaboration across DT, the UTC Digital Accelerator, and our OEM / MRO shops world-wide.
- Familiarity with Apriso Manufacturing Operations Management software from Dassault and Kepware Software for PTC
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363119
Community / Marketing Title: DT Digital Systems Specialist - Digital Factory
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US