Director - Industrial Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10944
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361410 Date posted 10/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
See what it's like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company to design and develop a world-class manufacturing operation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Engineering Director.
Industrial Engineering Director
Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that drives the optimization of complex processes or systems. It involves driving efficiency, reducing costs, improving the quality of the products and services we provide as well as improving the safety and ergonomics within our facilities. This role is key to Pratt & Whitney's operational transformation and will have direct linkage to pervasive lean, resolution of identified wastes, automation, new technologies, and will enable our Operations team to drive increased profitability for Pratt & Whitney.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
In this role as a member of the Operational Excellence (OpX) Team you will lead the Industrial Engineering discipline for Pratt & Whitney Operations. This includes overall leadership, management of business processes, design and resource planning (people, capital and expenses) for the discipline. You will be responsible for the target setting process for manufacturing productivity and development of the strategic and tactical execution of our OpX Overall Labor Effectiveness (OLE) Playbook.
The OpX vision is to be a competitive differentiator executing on an operating standard that is culturally pervasive and institutionalized at all levels of Operations, delivering efficiency and unbeatable results every day for our employees, customers and shareholders.
Direct Job Responsibilities Include:
- Continuing to develop the industrial engineering organization by building effective teams, structures, and processes
- Expert level of understanding of industrial engineering execution
- Providing recruitment, development and retention of top talent. Must possess strengths in effectively evaluating team member's abilities, coaching, mentoring and creating department succession plans
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local, remote, internally, and externally
- Fostering open communication with team members to promote positive work environment
- Demonstrating business acumen with the ability to lead teams
- Driving and implementing business wide industrial engineering strategies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Industrial Engineering or Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement in a Manufacturing setting, or 8+ years with an advanced degree.
- 3+ years experience managing/leading a team
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or other closely related discipline
- Strong communication, collaboration and team building skills; ability to connect with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated background building strong cross-functional relationships
- Above average ability to influence various stakeholders
- Candidates should be self-starters and able to work with minimal direction
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Understanding of capital acquisition process - knowledge or background preferred
- Experience with OEE and OLE/OOE
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or relevant preferred
- Some travel required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361410
Community / Marketing Title: Director - Industrial Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US