ENG-Associate Engineer, Materials & Processes Engineering
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10943
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363794 Date posted 10/24/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The Materials & Processes Engineering (MPE) group in West Palm Beach is seeking a motivated, independent engineering college graduate for full-time, entry-level employment as an Associate Engineer (P1). The position will cover multiple MPE disciplines but will focus in the areas of Failure Analysis & Service Investigations, Process Chemistry, and Material Characterization.
Key Roles & Responsibilities: As a member of the MPE team in West Palm Beach, you will work with senior engineers to support Commercial and Military engine and auxiliary power unit (APU) customers in the formulation and execution of forensic engineering investigations. These investigations address many different aspects of design, development, production, and operational validation of gas turbine engine part function and durability.
- US citizenship required.
- Graduating May/June 2020 with a B.S. or equivalent in Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, or similar field of study.
- Final GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Prior Intern/Co-op experience in a similar field.
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques & equipment relevant to and supportive of the field of Materials Science (e.g., SEM, FT-IR, harness testing, metallography, etc.)
- Proficiency with digital photo editing and image analysis applications.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363794
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Associate Engineer, Materials & Processes Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US