Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10941
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363460 Date posted 10/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
This position will provide you with a unique and challenging opportunity to interface and work closely with a core integrated program team which includes the Program Management Office, Logistics Program Management, Pricing, other Finance departments, and external customers. The successful Financial Manager will be assertive, results-oriented and have good problem solving skills
This position will involve management of sustainment, development and aftermarket programs for the Raptor (F22) including proposals, negotiations, contract execution, and closure. Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial Plan Setting
- Streamline finance business utilizing advanced IT techniques
- Seek out and execute on financial opportunities utilizing macro enabled work books; query writer; visual basic
- Subject matter expert in IT related initiatives for the greater finance team
- Monthly Sales/COS/Margin Forecasting
- Detailed Variance Analysis
- Inventory/Risks/Opps/Orders/Deliveries tracking
- External customer financial reporting (Contract Funds Status Report, Letter of Funding)
- Comprehensive Estimate at Completion (EAC) analysis
- Proposal/Rough Order of Magnitude/Not To Exceed support and Negotiations
- Billing/Accounts receivable reconciliations
- Teaming closely with Program Office, Contracts, Supply Chain, and Pricing departments
- 7+ yrs of experience in a similar role/field, broad IT experience
- Bachelor's degree
- US Citizen due to govt contracts
- Advanced SAP
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, visual basic; Microsoft Access Query Writer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363460
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US