Facility and Maintenance Manager
Location: Carlsbad, California US
Job Number: 10939
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359546 Date posted 10/24/2019 City Carlsbad State California Country United States
United States of America
PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is looking for a highly motivated and results driven individual to lead the ceramic matrix composite (CMC) Facility & Maintenance team. CMCs are an enabling material that increases the temperature capability of jet engine components. Through successful development and application of these materials, P&W will deliver engines that are more fuel efficient, lighter weight and more durable for commercial and military applications.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively lead the Maintenance team in support of operational goals and requirements, ensuring the continued service of all building systems including wastewater treatment, electrical power distribution, HVAC, security and a wide variety of production and research equipment.
- Champion the facility Total Productive Maintenance program
- Lead Maintenance Technicians, vendors and contractors.
- Supervising, scheduling, and training all maintenance employees
- Meet site goals for preventive maintenance completion and maintenance uptime
- Providing technical support for the design and installation of equipment modifications/additions
- Researching and purchasing new manufacturing technology, working in collaboration with the operations departments to achieve better production equipment functionality
- Develop and maintain a balanced system for the training, evaluation, and development of technicians to meet the plantâ€s needs, to include providing regular performance feedback
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system (work flow) that identifies work, plans jobs, schedules jobs, executes, audits, and continuously improves the quality and performance of the work being completed
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system that prioritizes the plantâ€s equipment, and develops and updates preventive maintenance schedules
- Partner with production and other departments to complete new projects and upgrades.
- Support and drive process improvements and employee involvement
- Model and promote adherence to environmental, health and safety policies and initiatives
- Promote building-wide energy efficiency and comfort
- Hire, train and support facilities and maintenance team to perform tasks to high standards
- Manage the maintenance departmentâ€s budget
- Analyze maintenance problems and devise solutions to improve plant production, reduce downtime and/or prevent repeat failures
- Analyzing expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for growing profit
- Lead site wide security programs ensuring compliance with regulations, and directs planning, organizing and scheduling for site wide facilities activities such as equipment reconfiguration, installation costs, etc.
- Leads site wide security programs to ensure compliance with government regulations for access control
- Directs planning, organizing, and scheduling for organization wide maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of organization facilities to ensure accurate functioning of facilities.
- Leads organization wide facility activities and monitors facility services, construction, and other maintenance/service contracts to ensure overall objectives of the function are met.
- Plans, designs, and reconfigures equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the efficient utilization of the site facilities.
- Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance.
- Manages facilities contractor management process
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or other related field.
- 5+ of work related experience Facilities or Facility Management or related field
- 3+ years of people management experience (direct reports)
- 2+ years of â€hands onâ€ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Mechanical and electrical experience with related equipment
- Experience with PM and TPM systems
- Knowledge of high production output equipment and systems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- Strong computer and system skills
- Knowledge of facilities support equipment and systems
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN tools to deliver continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership and motivation in a complex work environment
- Proven analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in the use of appropriate problem solving tools including root cause analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to facilitate and motivate teams and work with internal customers.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359546
Community / Marketing Title: Facility and Maintenance Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carlsbad, California US