Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10935
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359197 Date posted 10/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) North is a world class fabricator of military combustors, augmentors, nozzles and specialty coated hardware. HSMC North is a key contributor to the JSF 135 engine program with a diverse and complex product line. HSMC North is looking for a high energy, self-starter to assume the lead role as a Quality Engineer.
The organization needs to ensure material is delivered on-time, with flawless quality and at cost as demand increases to unprecedented amounts. Quality Engineers are integral to the continued success of the mod center as the leaders of problem resolution teams related to part manufacture in the value stream, the drivers of process improvement and educators of technical requirements. They also act as liaisons between the mod center, program office and internal customer when discussing quality concerns. In this position, your primary role will be to support the shop floor. A QE is responsible for reviewing procedures, specifications, work instructions and equipment to ensure compliance to Quality Management Systems.
- Provide technical expertise of non-conforming material and support the communication and processing of quality notifications through the Material Review Board (MRB) process
- Define and implement plans to support the objective of the business including Quality, ACE, and Financial metrics
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and hardware to determine compliance to applicable requirements
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to improve part quality signature
- Improve manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and test processes to reduce and prevent defects and prevent quality escapes to our customers
- Provide quality engineering support (interpretation, process approvals, etc.) to bargaining unit workers
- Support day to day manufacturing activities such as review and approval of work instructions, process authorization requests (PAR), and first article inspections (FAI)
- Potential supervisory duties supporting quality review coordination/material review board (QRC/MRB) hourly bargaining unit employees
- Use continuous improvement tools as well as the principles of lean manufacturing to investigate non-compliance issues and quality escapes
- Lead Process Improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to enhance quality, decrease process cycle time, and reduce operational costs
- Perform root cause analysis, identifying and implement robust corrective actions and gauge effectively ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Perform and follow-up on internal and external quality audits
- Work with supplier quality engineering to resolve supplier issues that impact in-house hardware
- Develop and deliver technical training to the inspection and operations teams
- Construct and perform quality presentations to a technical community
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a quality role performing quality engineering functions
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Experience with Quality Notifications/Material Review Board
- Strong familiarity with inspection tooling and techniques
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a group setting and interface directly with shop floor management
- Knowledge / experience with quality systems and standards such as ISO 9001
- Ability to prioritize workload in a high pressure environment and multitask as required
- Ability to navigate Solumina, SAP and Process Planning software
- ASQ -CQE certification a plus
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359197
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US