Advanced Coatings Cell Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10933
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358628 Date posted 10/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking 1st shift Cell Leader to be based in East Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
HSMC Advanced Coating is looking for a key contributor that will lead operators to meet EHS, customer, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost goals for the assigned manufacturing area. This individual will lead by setting operational strategies, training plans, performance feedback, production scheduling, project implementation, continuous improvement, and communication with leadership and employees. Key metrics are EHS performance, first-time yield, schedule achievement, cost reduction, workforce development, and preventative maintenance planning. Excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills are important. The individual must embrace ACE Operating System and lean manufacturing vision and thrive in a team environment with high-performance expectations.
You will be responsible for supervising a group of hourly bargaining unit employees in a Manufacturing Operations environment. Responsibilities include allocating work and assigning manpower and strong leadership and focus for ACE, FOD, Quality, EH&S and continuous improvement initiatives.
Job Summary -
- Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and change.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Work enthusiastically to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals.
- Communicate to peers requirements at supporting process to ensure smooth process flow
- Hold employees accountable while maintaining a key working relationship
- Ensure a World-Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Ensure full involvement in ACE continuous improvement initiatives - utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair.
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree with 4+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations/supervision.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
Preferred Qualifications -
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem-solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers, customers, and clients.
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC)
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Supervising bargaining unit employees and union exposure
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic environment and who enjoys the challenges of process improvement and "lean" manufacturing initiatives.
- Success working in high energy and fast-paced manufacturing environment with the ability to adapt to changing business conditions. Must be team driven with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan projects and to use written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives.
- Good communication skills and the ability to present concepts, obtain information and work with cross-functional teams, excellent oral and written skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358628
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Coatings Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US