Group - Finance Summer 2020 Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10922
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363055 Date posted 10/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Engine Alliance (EA) is a 50/50 joint venture between Pratt & Whitney and GE Aviation (member companies) created to sell and service the GP7000 engine for the Airbus A380 aircraft. The EA is made up of employees from both member companies each residing in their separate locations: Glastonbury, CT and Cincinnati, OH. The member companies alternate the EA President and CFO position every three years while the Finance team is always staffed by Pratt & Whitney.
The EA Finance team is responsible for key areas including: accounting and reporting, financial statements, FP&A, campaigns, and aftermarket services. The financial environment in the EA is quite complex covering servicing and leasing of engines, global new and used material management, estimate at completion (EAC) analysis and FMA accounting for qualifying engines. Because of the structure of the finance organization, this position will provide the candidate exposure to a wide variety of financial and operational issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work closely with a Finance team to deliver real results in the areas of accounting, finance, financial planning and analysis or financial operations.
- Interns will work on day to day financial tasks as well as ad hoc projects assigned by the department.
- The successful candidate will be involved and potentially work with current associates of the Financial Leadership Program (FLP).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Applicant must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Fields of study: Finance, Accounting, Economics
- You are graduating between: May 2021 - May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363055
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Finance Summer 2020 Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US