Cost Manufacturing Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10913
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01362223 Date posted 10/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt and Whitney, the sky has no limits.
With Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to help build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
We are seeking an experienced Cost Modeling Engineer to join our team!
Do you love having direct impact on a successful rollout for a new product or playing a part in the growth of existing products?
Do you love collaborating with different people striving to achieve the same goal?
You will be part of a group of specialists responsible of developing and maintaining part cost models. The primary focus will be to estimate notional part values and assess the business implications of new product designs, new technology and product design changes.
- As you will be working in a manufacturing engineering position, you will collaborate cross-functionally with various stakeholders to include engineering, Global Supply Chain and the Partnership Program Office.
- Develop and maintain cost models and define estimating rationale to support costs.
- Maintain cost estimating methods and models
- Review engineering changes, part drawings and manufacturing data to analyze impact to manufacturing cost
- Support Technology Readiness and Manufacturing Readiness by providing cost estimates and evaluations
- Utilize cost models to identify War on Cost opportunity associated with manufacturing production
- Being a part of the Manufacturing Part Cost discipline, you will lead the advancement of part cost forecasting and analysis methods, assesses financial impact of new technologies and support manufacturing cost reduction initiatives.
- The team's skills comprise expertise in the following areas: manufacturing engineering, process planning, cost estimating and supporting software tools.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering(Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical) or related technical field
- Advanced Degree Preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering(Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical) or related technical degree
- At least 7 years of hands on experience in a manufacturing shop environment
- Experience in Export Control and ACE Associate Level training.
- Master's Degree
Inclusion Powers Innovation
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01362223
Community / Marketing Title: Cost Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US