Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10910
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363510 Date posted 10/22/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
EDSI Engineering Internship
Job Title: ENG-Engineering Internship (Engine Design and System Integration - Military Engines)
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Engine Design and Systems Integration (Military Engines):
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership. Our Engine Design and System Integration department is a multi-disciplined group responsible for both aero performance and mechanical systems engineering.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Support module center integration tasks as required
- Integrate system level design trade studies to identify best solution
- Work with various design groups to gain alignment on interface definition
- Perform system level Performance and Aero/Thermal analyses to identify and improve product capabilities
- Perform system level Engine Dynamics and Loads and analyses to support architectural feasibility assessments
- Manage decomposition of system level Requirements and perform compatibility assessment of selected design
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in aerospace engineering
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363510
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-EDSI-Military Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US