ENG-Development Operations Engineering Program Associate- West Palm Beach, FL
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10908
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363118 Date posted 10/22/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Development Operations (DO) is part of the Engineering Organization within Pratt & Whitney (P&W). DO is responsible for the planning and test execution of development jet engine systems. DO is comprised of the disciplines needed to test P&W engines. This position is located in our West Palm Beach, FL facility. This position in DO are part of the Engineering Development Program at Pratt & Whitney.
The Engineering Development Program, or EDP, is a multiyear program for new college hires that has been implemented to:
1) Accelerate technical capability through substantive work rotations focused in specific disciplines;
2) Connect EDP participants with a network of technical resources & engineering experts.
The EDP offers new employees the opportunity to rotate through assignments in DO providing comprehensive systems engineering and test process learning to gain a breadth of systems experience.
The EDP structure for DO is as follows:
- The EDP is a two-year professional curriculum consisting of three 8-month rotations through participating DO Disciplines. Individuals will spend their first rotation in their 'home' or hired in organization within DO. Upon completion of the EDP program permanent assignments are made back in the home or hired in organization within DO.
- The DO assignments include, but are not limited to: Assembly Process Planning, Tool Design and Project Engineering, Measurement Systems Engineering, Test Systems Engineering, and Test Operations Engineering.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Design of special test equipment articles in support of engine testing.
- Some travel may be required depending on the assignment and program responsibilities.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- You are graduating in Dec 2019 or May 2020
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363118
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Development Operations Engineering Program Associate- West Palm Beach, FL
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US