ENG-MSEN-Engineering Summer Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10860
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01362728 Date posted 10/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Job Title: MSEN- Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles Internship - Seals
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
MSEN Department overview:
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
The Pratt & Whitney Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles (MSEN) engineering module center is seeking qualified candidates for the role Design Engineering Intern. MSEN is responsible for design, validation, manufacture, and delivery of the majority of engine hardware. This includes:
- Mechanical Components within Main Shaft Bearing Compartments, including bearings, seals, gears and the Fan Drive Gear System
- Lubrication components and systems, Gearbox and Oil Pumps, and Thermal Management Systems
- External plumbing, components, and ducts
- Nacelle and thrust reverser systems
The selected candidate will be working within the MSEN Seals Discipline in a fast-paced environment, working with experienced engineers on various tasks supporting operational engines and engines in development; The individual will learn about what is required in the overall design process of parts for engines including new and existing designs.
Seal Discipline Experiences:
- Interaction with supplier, customer, and other disciplines to perform design, analysis, validation, production, and field support of new and legacy seal related components
- Continuous improvement of engineering processes including development of tools to support new technologies and robust analytical substantiation
- Opportunity for think-outside-of-the-box to provide new innovations and improved processes
- Failure mode investigation and analysis using proven root cause and corrective action methods and tools
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Field of study: Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in the Aerospace Industry
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01362728
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-MSEN-Engineering Summer Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US