Perishable Tooling Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10851
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01360745 Date posted 10/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Perishable Tooling Specialist to be based in East Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Perishable Tooling Specialist supports the Module Center Manufacturing Engineers with tooling application, source selections, and print creations to P&W standards. Responsible for supplier quality by maintaining the certified supplier program, developing new suppliers, testing new technology, and continued improvement of current suppliers. Will work jointly with procurement to develop cost savings for supplier relationships.
- Complete export reviews for jurisdiction and classification of tool drawings, CAD files, and tooling commodities.
- Oversee the standard tooling library, issuance of internal tool numbers and types for the utilization of the Manufacturing Engineering community
- Create and document perishable tool standard work
- Support perishable tool quality, disposition supplier non-conformances for accept or reject, lead supplier to complete RRCA for all escapes,
- Support Process certification for tooling suppliers by conduction audits
- Support maintaining the Manufacturing Engineering Specifications and Manufacturing Engineering Instructions
- Conduct testing and evaluation of new aerospace machine tools, create test and quality reports, and identify savings opportunities.
- 10%-20% travel Experience/Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Technical Degree.
- A minimum 5 years total work experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in tooling
- US Citizenship is required
- Aerospace industry
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Master's degree in manufacturing with 3+ years in tool application or aerospace experience is preferred.
- APICS certification preferred
- ACE Associate or higher
- 3 years related tooling application and process improvement (aerospace experience preferred)
- Experience in dimension and geometric tolerance of tooling prints.
- Strong Excel and VBA programming preferred
- Experience in statistical software (i/e Minitab)
- Experience in Team Center and SAP is preferred
- ITC JCL2 Tooling experience helpful, or willingness to complete ITC training
- Strong decision-making and administrative abilities
- Strong customer relationship and management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task Education
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01360745
Community / Marketing Title: Perishable Tooling Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US