Cell Leader - 2nd Shift
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10841
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358939 Date posted 10/17/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
See what it's like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company to design and develop a world-class manufacturing operation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a 2nd shift Cell Leader in our Middletown, CT facility.
2nd Shift Cell Leader Job Description & Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through employee meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsible for engine test, pack, and shipment.
- Establish standards and expectation for work effort and performance for subordinates.
- Give constant feedback on performance to those standards.
- Allocate and assign resources.
- Effectively coach employees to improve performance when needed.
- Effectively communicate with other department personnel and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work actively to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving production test goals.
- Perform administrative functions as related to bargaining unit employees including maintaining training, quality and attendance records.
- Manage cell overtime and equitably distribute among employees.
- EH&S/Quality/ACE: Ensure department equipment is clean, properly maintained, records and labels properly affixed, and uptime optimized while meeting all safety requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are fully trained in required aspects of Environmental Health & Safety.
- Ensure World Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly.
- Ensure full involvement in ACE continuous improvement initiatives is consistently upheld. Utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair.
- Achieve ACE levels as planned.
- Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality in actions, decisions, and communications.
- Ensure compliance to all Quality policies and procedures.
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet customer MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to P&W policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree (in lieu of degree 10+ years front line supervisory experience)
- 4+ years of front line supervision experience or 4+ years of technical aviation role
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Supervisory/Management experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience working in a Union environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358939
Community / Marketing Title: Cell Leader - 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US