Senior Manager, Specialized HR Services Total Rewards
Location: Farmington, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10838
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361724 Date posted 10/17/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
UT2: 9 Farm Springs 9 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA About United Technologies:
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered Farmington, CT and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft turbofan engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the worldâ€s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the worldâ€s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 240,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields â€" people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
Our global HR team works on behalf of our employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether itâ€s recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic â€Healthy Youâ€ wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at UTC.
This Senior Manager role will lead the Specialized Services Total Rewards team. The Specialized Services Total Rewards is part of the HR Global People Services organization and the team performs compensation and benefits work for the UTC Aero companies. This position will report directly to the Director, GPS, Specialized Services organization.
The person in this role can be a full-time remote resource, with expected travel requirements to be approximately 20% (domestic and international). Travel needs are based on business requirements. This position can also be located near-site and has the flexibility to use facilities at approved UTC locations.
- Project management lead for all compensation and benefits work in support of the UTC Aeroâ€s communities of expertise and the HR partners, including project support for incentive compensation payout planning and other total rewards annual programs
- Coordinate the transition of new work into the Specialized Services Total Rewards team
- Manage all metric dashboards associated with the execution of the work to provide exceptional customer support
- Lead the harmonization and standardization of compensation and benefits work across the team
- Provide support to assigned Global People Services strategic initiatives
- Manage all process improvement activities and initiatives
- Supports the implementation of polices and administration of compensation and benefits programs
- Supports the anticipated short and long term compensation and benefits needs, following current trends
- In addition to the responsibilities and skills listed above, the candidate must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties and projects when required
- Bachelorâ€s degree or equivalent experience required
- Professional HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, etc.)
- Project Management training and certification a plus
- You hold a Bachelorâ€s degree or have equivalent experience in HR
- You have more than 7 years of general human resources experience
- You are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 10+ years providing HR support within a multi-site corporation with a focus on professional or executive support and emphasis on compensation and /or benefits areas
- Leadership experience developing high-performance teams preferred
- Advanced degrees in Human Resource, Organizational Development or Business preferred
- Ability to articulate in a clear, concise manner and effectively convey complex information, deliver briefings to senior staff and communicate recommendations effectively to demanding audiences
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving process improvements. ACE training and certification preferred
- Ability to think analytically and effectively apply logic to solve problems and find solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in fast-paced, team environment or independently with limited direction
- Self-starter with willingness to support strategic priorities and take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives to contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Outstanding formal and informal presentation skills
- Thrive in a diverse, fast paced, global environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications, SAP and Workday a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361724
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Specialized HR Services Total Rewards
Location_formattedLocationLong: Farmington, Connecticut US