CE - Commercial Engines Co-op Spring 2020
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10837
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361880 Date posted 10/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Commercial Engines develops, markets, sells and services Pratt & Whitney's portfolio of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) engines, including the company's Geared Turbofan engine family. The Aftermarket business maintains Pratt & Whitney and International Aero Engines (IAE) engines through a broad portfolio of maintenance, repair and overhaul services, material solutions and world class customer support.
Commercial Spares & Material Solutions (CS&MS), a component of Pratt & Whitney's Commercial Engines business, is responsible for new and serviceable spare parts for gas turbine engines, driving material solutions for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) engine deliveries and providing standardized materials management tools/metrics for global maintenance centers and repair services. Through effective internal and external partnerships, our work enables commercial airline customers to have the lowest overall cost of engine ownership via predictable/stable maintenance costs.
CS&MS is seeking talented and energetic students to join our organization in a co-op capacity during the spring semester of 2020. Selected candidates for 2020 co-op will be assigned a 6-8 month (January to August) position.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Demand Planning with Forecast Analysis and Inputs
- Assist with the development of standard work documentation
- Run daily/weekly reports
- Assist with Scrap Rate, Fill Rate and SAP Material Master Automation project
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree in business, engineering, IT, supply chain or related field.
- Must be graduating after December 2020.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Computer Sciences
- Experience with MS Office Suite ( Focus on MS Access , Excel and PowerPoint preferred )
- SAP Experience a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361880
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Commercial Engines Co-op Spring 2020
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US