Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10829
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356828 Date posted 10/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Â At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
We are in need of a hardworking Manufacturing Engineering professional to support Hot Section Module Center Southâ€s manufacturing engineering organization. In this role, you will take ownership over military product families and be the liaison between manufacturing and engineering.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
- Represent manufacturing during Engineering Change proposals and promote best practices in regards to design for manufacturability
- Coordinate and lead manufacturing Process Control reviews for significant design and/or process changes
- Develop and maintain Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) methodology for assigned engine hardware
- Manage new Product Development through the shop and supplier base
- Ownership of cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
- Build and maintain shop floor work instructions
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, integrated product teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- 2+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- US citizen is required due to government contract
- Experience planning, leading and managing multiple projects within a fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing environment
- A working-knowledge of the ACE Tools is desired including Process Certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and turbine airfoil processing knowledge are a strong plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Strong project engineering/planning skills
- Statistical process control skills (Six-sigma training)
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to problem solve in a timely manner
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356828
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US