Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10818
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358851 Date posted 10/16/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview: Â
Pratt & Whitney's North Berwick, located in beautiful Southern Maine, is currently seeking a talented and dedicated Manufacturing Engineer with the creativity, drive, and desire to see their ideas become a reality. This manufacturing engineering position provides the opportunity to work on the full PW engine product line, including the next generation of commercial and military engines.
The ideal candidate will have strong fundamental engineering analysis skills and a hands-on understanding of manufacturing processes. Significant interaction with internal and external customers is expected. Typical responsibilities will include: Â developing new and improved processes, implementing new technology, and deploying lean principles to improve product cost, quality and safety.
Key projects & responsibilities:
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interpretation of technical data such as Engineering Drawings, Quality Assurance specifications, etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Create, modify and maintain work instructions for processes including definition of tooling requirements and parameters.
- Review tool designs, mark-up prints, issue request forms, track tool changes and corrections.
- Provide production support by resolving manufacturing process issues.
- Lead Root Cause & Corrective action DIVEâ€s using ACE tools
- Perform the necessary process try-out tasks; including process development, first piece runs, and gage correlations.
- Support implementation of process improvements activities to meet schedule and cost targets.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You received Bachelorâ€s degree, studying: Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Preferred graduation date: December 2019/May 2020
- 0-2 years of engineering experience
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Manufacturing Engineering degree preferred
- The position requires candidates to demonstrate a proficiency in the application of continuous improvement tools:Â process certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Six Sigma, and set-up reduction are examples of the continuous improvement skills required.
- Exceptional communication skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience and knowledge of machining and assembly processes, including tool application and CAD experience
- Individual must be self-motivated, demonstrated team player and flexible in schedule and function.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358851
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US