Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10816
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01362129 Date posted 10/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
This Pratt & Whitney Contract Manager include the support of proposal development, performing the review and negotiation of contract terms and conditions, and administration of the resulting contracts for various contracts with the US Government, Government prime contractors, foreign governments and other customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will be the primary focal point for external and internal customers regarding contract issues and interpretation of contract requirements; therefore, strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- You will have the opportunity to exercise discretion and work independently.
- You will be responsible for working with the F135 program teams on various proposals and bringing to contract agreements that support the sales plans of the organization.
- The Contract Manager will be responsible for the contract from start to contract closeout.
- You will interact closely with the Program and Business Development teams in the formation of contracts for PW Military Engines goods and services.
- Bachelor Degree US Citizen due to program requirements
- 5+ Years of USG Contract Management Experience
- Education/Certifications Bachelor's degree with 6-10+ years' experience required. Master's degree with 4-7+ years' experience preferred Qualifications
- This position requires significant interpersonal interaction with various Program Managers and Business Managers within the organization.
- You must be an independent learner, possess strong team working skills, strong document drafting skills, have an understanding of aerospace business and legal issues, and be familiar with ACE process improvement tools.
- You will have experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Government procurement process.
- Experience working in US Government Contracting a must. Some experience with international contracting desired.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- FAR - Federal Acquisition Regulations Master's Degree Government procurement process
- You must be willing to travel (Domestic and/or International travel)
% Travel Required 20%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01362129
Community / Marketing Title: Contract Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US