Manager, IAE LLC Aftermarket Strategic Sourcing
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10812
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358956 Date posted 10/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The intention of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Manager, IAE LLC Aftermarket Strategic Sourcing at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
The Aftermarket Supply Chain is seeking an expert Manager to lead strategic sourcing activities for the PW1100 engine program. This position will report to the Associate Director of IAE LLC Aftermarket Sourcing.
This role reports to the Senior Commodity Manager, IAE LLC Aftermarket Sourcing and will lead strategic sourcing activities for the PW1100G-JM and PW1400G-JM (IAE LLC) engine programs.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You are fully proficient in the repair marketâ€s ability to perform repairs specific to the technologies incorporated into the engines while maintaining oversight of the failure modes and current state performance of these modules.
- In-depth analysis into capability and capacity requirements are required to support these modules and will remain a key focus during the early years of the PW1100G-JM and PW1400G-JM product lifecycles.
- Engage in all aspects of sourcing repairs and other repair-related services.
- You have outstanding social and interpersonal skills to meet the rigorous interaction between our Pratt & Whitney discipline leaders, IAE LLC engine partners and our network of repair suppliers.
- Develop and execute all sourcing activities using standard work, negotiating agreements and analyzing proposals with the goal of obtaining the best overall service value for Pratt & Whitney and our MRO Partnership network.
- You are familiar with NGPF engines and parts.
- You have an engineering/technical background, as well as a procurement background
- Negotiate pricing and supplier contracts.
- Lead LTA negotiation and execution as well as post-contract vendor management and supplier performance reviews.
- Travel Requirements are 25%.
- You are a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status (Green Card).
- A valid passport is a requirement.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree, with preference to Business Administration, Supply Chain or a related field, is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in purchasing, operations, sales or supply chain management is required.
- Required is 5 years of validated self-sufficiency and experience with Microsoft Office and related programs.
- A minimum of 5 years of executive presentation skills experience.
- An MBA or a Masterâ€s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management/Administration or Finance would be preferred.
- Extensive partnership development and sustainment experience preferred.
- You can collaborate with executives and participate in various partner groups.
- You can develop and champion positive working relationships while maintaining customer and organizational priorities.
- Possess strong initiative, strategic leadership and be able to work independently.
- You have demonstrated strategic sourcing leadership with a consistent track record of negotiations and contract/LTA development/execution.
- SAP experience with a focus on purchasing/related document flow is a plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358956
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, IAE LLC Aftermarket Strategic Sourcing
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US