CE - Business Intelligence, Forecasting and Reporting Co-op Spring 2020
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10810
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361837 Date posted 10/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Commercial Engines develops, markets, sells and services Pratt & Whitney's portfolio of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) engines, including the company's Geared Turbofan engine family. The Aftermarket business maintains Pratt & Whitney and International Aero Engines (IAE) engines through a broad portfolio of maintenance, repair and overhaul services, material solutions and world class customer support.
Commercial Spares & Material Solutions (CS&MS), a component of Pratt & Whitney's Commercial Engines business, is responsible for new and serviceable spare parts for gas turbine engines, driving material solutions for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) engine deliveries and providing standardized materials management tools/metrics for global maintenance centers and repair services. Through effective internal and external partnerships, our work enables commercial airline customers to have the lowest overall cost of engine ownership via predictable/stable maintenance costs.
CS&MS is seeking talented and energetic students to join our organization in a co-op capacity during the spring semester of 2020.
Selected candidates for 2020 co-op will be assigned a 6-8 month (January to August) position.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to the following:
- Run daily reports
- Provide data and analysis
- Help developing and organizing presentation formats for MRO, customer visits, OMPs, etc.
- Enhance/automate some modeled parts forecasting processes
- Help with the creation/revision of standard work for any of these
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- U. S. citizenship or U. S. work authorization due to U. S. government contract requirements
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Applicants must be currently pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree.
- Fields of study: Business, Engineering, Informatics, Supply Chain or related field of study.
- Must be graduating after December 2020.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Interest in data analysis strongly recommended
- Excel and Access query writing experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Adaptability, analytical thinking, accuracy, listening and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in teams as both a leader and participant
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361837
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Business Intelligence, Forecasting and Reporting Co-op Spring 2020
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US