Project Manager - Customer Portal Platform / Commercial Engines Customer Support - Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10807
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01360788 Date posted 10/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to chip in and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We have an explorer's heart along with your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
We are focused on providing an outstanding customer experience and delivering the best engines safely, timely, and on quality.
Quality is personal! People's lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time to the men and women who save our lives - what we do matters, every day!
This is a superb opportunity for you to join our team in Commercial Engines Customer Support.
Are you an ambitious self-starter who wants to define and provide innovative service solutions to our commercial customers? If yes, we want to hear from you!
Within Customer Support, the Web/Portal team is responsible for business management of FleetCare, which is a website that provides customer access to engine life cycle and aftermarket product and services.
FleetCare is the customers 'Gateway' into P&W and International Aero Engine (IAE) product and services. A key objective for our team is to build a seamless and user-friendly experience for our customers to access technical information, data, order parts and tooling and collaborate.
You'll be responsible for managing various internal applications while helping driving the strategic vision for FleetCare across the Commercial Engines (CE) and Aftermarket (AM) business. In addition, you'll be the lead Project Manager for the re-platforming of the new customer portal.
You will partner with the internal Digital Technology (DT) organization, various groups across CE and AM, suppliers, etc. to ensure alignment, requirements, and development meet design and customer's expectations.
Your Job Responsibilities include:
- Define, document and communicate portal strategy to business and stakeholders
- Build 1 & 3 year functional roadmaps for FleetCare portal
- Define funding and resource requirements needed to achieve desired deliverables
- Provide direction to the business and IT teams on priorities and plan deliverables
- Manage operational budget and forecast - 1 and 3 year requirements
- Manage third party or outsource resources from contract negotiation through deliverables
- Coordinate across the P&W enterprise to determine current and future business requirements that are leveraged and expanded through features and functionality within FleetCare
- Align with IT and business on new ecommerce application design and upgrades
- Benchmark and collaborate with IT on the 'next generation' customer web application solution
- Build IBM Web Sphere competency
- Manage multiple portal projects from design, acceptance testing, training and deployment ensuring on time delivery
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to solve issues
- Customize existing applications and maintain current document revisions
- Ownership of the company setup, portal uploads, landing pages and analytics on the portal
- Responsible for maintaining system and data governance
- Bachelor's degree at least 7 years of experience OR an Advanced degree with 5+ years of experience
- At least 3 years experience working with business to business portal design and implementation (Liferay Software experience ideal)
- 5+ years' experience with web applications and knowledge of customer services principle and practices
- Agile and SCRUM experience for project implementations
- Project management experience, preferable with web and portals
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Commerce (WCS)
- Experience with portal solutions in a Microsoft environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead drive and deliver results.
- Looking for a highly motivated individual who has the ability to communicate and influence across multiple organizations and develop effective working relationships.
- Understanding of export rules and compliance a plus
- Data management experience and above average knowledge of computer systems and databases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills, including strong and efficient multi-tasking capability
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01360788
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager - Customer Portal Platform / Commercial Engines Customer Support - Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US