Columbus Forge Industrial Engineering Intern
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10803
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01360735 Date posted 10/15/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview: Â
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented engineering students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2020. This internship position is within Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Columbus Georgia - Columbus Forge industrial engineering organization.
The industrial engineering intern will support both/either Columbus Forge Blades (airfoils) and Disk parts manufacturing at Pratt & Whitney Columbus Forge.
Key projects & responsibilities:
The intern will be mentored by a senior industrial engineer and would assist to take partial ownership in one of the major functional areas of Columbus Forge production. These opportunities include a forge, machining, finishing process cell on the airfoil side and forge, heat treat, machining, inspection, testing process cells on the Disk Operation. Experience will be gained on how to develop and improve process cycles/parameters to effect outcome of the final product.
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs.
- Assist in time studies or observations to determine current machine/material utilization.
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement.
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities or other capacity improvement opportunities.
- The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Currently enrolled in Bachelorâ€s degree program, studying: Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Graduating Winter 2020 or later
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Demonstrable experience in data analysis, problem solving, and solution
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and processing knowledge are a strong plus for this position.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills especially Excel skills.
- Understanding of general machining preferable
- A working-knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Value Stream Mapping, Standard manufacturing operating procedures, Problem Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing is desired.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01360735
Community / Marketing Title: Columbus Forge Industrial Engineering Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US