Group - Human Resources Co-Op
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10794
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358201 Date posted 10/14/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, East Hartford Repair Operations Human Resources is looking for a customer oriented individual to assist the Human Resources Manager and leadership team. This is excellent opportunity for a motivated young professional to experience many different areas of Human Resources as well as gain an understanding of the UTC business as a whole.
Minimum 6 month co-op with potential for longer assignment.
- Address HR-Related inquiries from employees
- Manage grievance preparation for Hourly Bargaining Unit and assist in Industrial Relations processes
- Administering a culture change program being implemented across the business.
- The individual will be a member of the implementation team to support employee engagement efforts
- Assist with FAA Drug & Alcohol testing pool maintenance
- Working with Leadership to improve succession planning process
- Create and develop standard work for key processes
- Data analysis and presentation development
- Provide best in class customer service to client groups and employees
- Other administrative duties & special projects as assigned
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program.
- Fields of study: Business, HR, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development, Psychology or related field.
- You are graduating between: May 2021 to May 2022.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Must be ethical and have the ability to keep information confidential.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail, have outstanding customer service skills, strong organization skills, work with little supervision, multi task oriented, excellent verbal and written communication.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Take initiative on learning, development, and assisting the HR manager.
- Must be a team player.
- Leadership experience in school or organization is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358201
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Human Resources Co-Op
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US