Quality Sr. Manager-Alternate Work Week
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10789
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01361378 Date posted 10/11/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
P&W Compression System Module Center (CSMC) is seeking a motivated, high energy Quality Senior Manager to lead a group of hourly and salary personnel involved with all aspects of quality on the Alternate Work Week (AWW) shift (Friday-Sunday). CSMC manufactures Compressor and Turbine Rotors, Drums, Disks, Hubs and Fan Cases, for multiple commercial and military engine programs. CSMC is the Center of Excellence for the manufacturing and inspection of Integrated Blade Rotors (IBR) for the F119, F135 and Next Generation Product Family (NGPF). This position reports to the CSMC Quality Director and is responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of Quality Cell Leaders, Quality Engineers and Inspectors who support quality and inspection for all product families.
- Provide leadership to the Module Center to execute ongoing inspection workflow and day to day deliverables.
- Establish and execute initiatives which ensure Module Center quality metrics are met.
- Participate with other Quality Managers to improve inspection processes and support lean transformation initiatives.
- Maintain close coordination with Product Delivery Center personnel related to product returns and reported quality concerns.
- Support required AWW shift activities related to Product Recall investigations.
- Work with Finance and Business Unit Managers to resolve and expedite accrual material.
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with all CSMC Production groups.
- Drive process improvements and promote a culture of continuous improvement through the use of ACE events and use of ACE tools.
- Attract, develop and mentor diverse talent for Quality Cell Leaders.
- Hire and support training of hourly inspection personnel.
- The work hours for this position are Friday â€" Sunday, 6:00 am â€" 6:00 pm
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering, Quality, or related business field
- 5+ years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing and/or Engineering with a minimum of 3 years in the aerospace industry
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to lead others, develop and execute action plans, influence decisions and inspire change
- Proven ability to work effectively with leadership and associates at all levels through the organization
- Knowledge of non-conforming material management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and SAP
- Experience developing and mentoring other leaders
- 3+ years product knowledge of major rotating, critical to quality hardware
- Knowledge of financial & business management related to tracking quality related inventory
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of quality procedures, quality management systems and AS9100 requirements
- Experience working in a shop capacity
- Experience leading hourly bargaining unit employees
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01361378
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Sr. Manager-Alternate Work Week
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US