Fellow - Tooling
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10788
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357764 Date posted 10/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
See what it's like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company to design and develop a world-class manufacturing operation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Non-Conventional Machining Fellow.
If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Tooling Fellow is responsible for creating design standards, cost and turnaround as it relates to manufacturing processes and product fabrication. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Create our Tooling manufacturing proficiency across every manufacturing stream to include grinding, drilling and coating.
- Identify better applications of Tooling
- Be the technical leader of a new Process Council.
- Connect and collaborate with SME's from all sites to develop a technology roadmap that addresses systemic production and quality issues, drive process standardization and control
- Work with internal and external customers to secure program funding as needed
- Applying broad understanding, competence and skill in organizing and leading resolution of complex challenges, exceptional difficulty and importance to the company and industry.
- Applying expertise to technical problem resolution, teaching, inspiring and mentoring discipline talent.
- Communicating at all levels within UTC and Pratt & Whitney, as well as externally, tapping technical resources, forming teams and consulting with programs.
- Meeting all Environmental Health & Safety and Preventative Maintenance requirements associated with manufacturing development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in the development of Tooling proficiencies across multiple sites
- 10+ years of experience in grinding, drilling and coating manufacturing processes
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance
- US Government Secret Clearance
- Masters or PhD in Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- Recognition within the industry as having deep expertise in Tooling and its application in manufacturing
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relations and craft clear communication
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor within various levels of the organization new ideas, concepts and methods
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357764
Community / Marketing Title: Fellow - Tooling
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US