Fellow - Ceramic Matrix Composites Manufacturing
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10787
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358027 Date posted 10/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
See what it's like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company to design and develop a world class manufacturing operation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Ceramic Matrix Composites Manufacturing Fellow.
If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) Manufacturing Fellow is responsible for developing the first manufacturing expertise for a product not in production today. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Setting strategic direction to further develop and implement the manufacturing process of composite materials into engine components.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Materials Processing counterparts to ensure design for manufacturing capability is well understood.
- Be a primary contributor to creating a world class, future-focused CMC manufacturing capability
- Collaborating in the development of a corporate CMC application strategy that spans development to production transition. Work with internal and external customers to secure program funding aligned with the execution of our material development technology strategy.
- Applying broad understanding, competence and skill in organizing and leading resolution of technical challenges of exceptional difficulty and importance to the company and industry.
- Applying expertise to technical problem resolution, teaching, inspiring and mentoring discipline talent.
- Communicating at all levels within UTC and Pratt & Whitney, as well as externally, tapping technical resources, forming teams and consulting with programs.
- Meeting all Environmental Health & Safety and Preventative Maintenance requirements for CMC associated manufacturing development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in the selection of ceramic systems for composite applications with a strong knowledge and working experience of CMC materials and manufacturing methods
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance
- US Government Secret Clearance
- PhD or M.S. in Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- Recognition within the industry as having deep expertise in CMC materials and/or manufacturing
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relations and craft clear communication
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor within various levels of the organization new ideas, concepts and methods
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358027
Community / Marketing Title: Fellow - Ceramic Matrix Composites Manufacturing
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US