Manufacturing Fellow - Model Based Enterprise
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10774
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358033 Date posted 10/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Model Based Enterprise Fellow.
If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The Model Based Enterprise (MBE) Fellow is responsible for working across all manufacturing work-streams today and in the future to design and execute Smart Manufacturing processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Setting strategic direction to fully integrate a design and manufacturing solution to part production
- Quantify overall benefits to recommended changes in product model management
- Create the MBE manufacturing proficiency
- Be a primary contributor to creating a world class, future-focused MBE manufacturing capability
- Work with internal and external customers to secure program funding as needed
- Applying broad understanding, competence and skill in organizing and leading resolution of complex challenges, exceptional difficulty and importance to the company and industry.
- Applying expertise to technical problem resolution, teaching, inspiring and mentoring discipline talent.
- Communicating at all levels within UTC and Pratt & Whitney, as well as externally, tapping technical resources, forming teams and consulting with programs.
- Meeting all Environmental Health & Safety and Preventative Maintenance requirements associated with manufacturing development.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in the design and execution of Model Based Enterprise solutions and/or smart manufacturing methods
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance
- US Government Secret Clearance
- Masters or PhD in Materials Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related discipline
- Recognition within the industry as having deep expertise in MBE Manufacturing
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relations and craft clear communication
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor within various levels of the organization new ideas, concepts and methods
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358033
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Fellow - Model Based Enterprise
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US