Chemical Processes Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10763
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357838 Date posted 10/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. Do you have the leadership qualities to drive a vision? If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. We have a rare opportunity for an ambitious and focused individual to work as the Materials Chemistry Engineer.
The Materials and Processes Engineering Process Chemistry & Surface Engineering group is seeking a knowledgeable and highly motivated Process Chemistry Engineer. The engineer will work in a team environment and be responsible for developing, improving, and troubleshooting chemical processes such as priming, painting, cleaning, etching, coating removal, anodizing, and electroplating on various aerospace alloys.
The work scope includes working in a laboratory, and as required the supply base, touching all aspects of the product life-cycle from technology and product development to manufacturing and repair / aftermarket support. Understanding and controlling these processes and developing new ones are essential to the success of P&Wâ€s engine products. Candidate should be familiar with working protocols in a chemical laboratory.
- You must have strong problem solving, analytical, observational, and organizational skills.
- Must be a strong verbal and written communicator with good customer skills.
- Must function effectively in a lab environment with people of a broad variety of skills and backgrounds.
- Must be able to balance several assignments at once.
- BS Degree in Chemistry,Â Chemical Engineering,Â Material Science,Â orÂ related degree.
- 5+ yearsâ€ experience in an engineering environment in a chemistry laboratoryÂ ORÂ MS in chemical engineering, electro-chemical engineering, or chemistry with 3+ yearsâ€ experience in an engineering environment in a chemistry laboratoryÂ OR PhD in chemical engineering, electro-chemical engineering, or chemistry
- 1+ years experience in an engineering environment with some knowledge of P&W specifications and SPOPs (Service Process Operation Procedures) or SAE AMS surface treatment specifications is desired.
- US Citizen due to government program requirements
- 3+ yearsâ€ experience in an engineering environment with knowledge of P&W specifications and SPOPs (Service Process Operation Procedures) or SAE AMS surface treatment specifications.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational and observational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with good customer skills
- Good technical writing skills in the form of reports and documents.
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that our employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357838
Community / Marketing Title: Chemical Processes Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US