Environmental Health & Safety Site Lead/Associate Director, Columbus, GA
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10761
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357848 Date posted 10/10/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Environmental Health & Safety Site Lead / Associate Director to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
You will Lead, strengthen and institutionalize the Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S), compliance, management systems and sustainability functions for the site.
- You will lead, develop and implement programs to achieve safety, compliance and sustainability goals.
- You will develop strategies for safety and compliance and risk reduction with P&W Leadership and execute actionable improvement plans.
- Lead the development of a cross functional teams as necessary to identify, evaluate and improve systems to ensure safety and compliance.
- Understand site-wide issues through analysis of existing programs and data, create new data collection and evaluation systems, and integrate solutions into programs.
- You will partner with site leadership to develop improvement plans and improve EH&S metrics by reducing operational hazards and risks.
- Provide strategic direction to advance the EH&S compliance, safety, compliance, management systems and sustainability.
- You will act as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.
- Has responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
- May have responsibility for site medical staff.
- You will act as liaison between site and core EH&S team to ensure EH&S disciplines are consistent with compliance expectations and that open lines of communication and reporting are maintained
- Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
- You will collaborate with other EHS professionals to establish or adopt best practices relevant to the industry.
- Drives all EHS regulatory reporting requirements
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 + years' experience in an EH&S leadership role or Advanced degree and 8+ years' experience in an EH&S leadership role
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Master's degree preferred
- Strategic mindset to build cross functional relationships
- Customer relationship building, negotiation, and influencing ability
- Strong ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization, effectively communicate both written and oral, and use appropriate technology and communication platforms to reach all audiences
- Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross department project teams or manage across multiple related departments.
- Set expectations and goals; communicate these goals/expectations
- Motivate and inspire teams to excel, take ownership and responsibility for the future direction of the organization
- Strong ability to build and lead teams and processes in a matrixed environment
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357848
Community / Marketing Title: Environmental Health & Safety Site Lead/Associate Director, Columbus, GA
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US