ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Aerothermal Fluids Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 10753
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355373 Date posted 10/09/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits .
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform basic thermal finite element and computational fluid dynamics processes (from geometry manipulation to analysis of results) with a variety of tools for specific engine components, processing rig and engine test data, verifying manufacturing variability as well as other similar tasks.
- Conduct basic analytical simulations and performance and operability studies.
- Perform basic steady state and transient performance comparison packages which can include data vs. simulation, model to model, control to control, and engine to engine.
- Review test procedures and instrumentations
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is a unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Education and Qualifications:
Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed.
U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355373
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-PWPR-CO-OP, Aerothermal Fluids Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US