Team Supervisor-Military Engines Warranty
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10750
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359961 Date posted 10/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
We are currently hiring for a Team Supervisor!
This position would work in the Customer Support and Investigation Services, which is part of Military Engines Sustainment Operations & Military Engines Sustainment Supply Chain.Â
The business unit administrates the investigation process for engines, controls, parts, and Support Equipment that fail in the field or are involved in an aircraft mishap or safety incident.Â
Please note that we do not conduct the investigations but work with engineering and quality by facilitating the movement of exhibits, issuing work authorizations, and providing data to RITS.Â
We also administer contractual warranty provisions, product recalls, approved Special Support Requests, repairs, and contract guarantee provisions.Â The business unit supports all in service Military Engines.
- The Team Supervisor has leadership responsibility for team members including P&W Salary and Contractor employees. Â
- Supervisor responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establishing work priorities
- Approving cost sheets and vendor invoice payments
- Reviewing investigation final letters, auditing claim files, preparing annual labor Basis of Estimates, resolving work stoppages and participating in IPMT meetings as required.
- Individual serves as a backup for other program supervisor to ensure continuity of operations.
- This individual is a key member of the CS&IS leadership team and is expected to actively contribute in the development and achievement of department objectives
- Candidate must actively use ACE/Lean tools to drive continuous improvement and serve as a positive role model for employeesÂ Â
- Possible international and domestic travel may be required
- Bachelorâ€s degree required
- Advanced degree(s) is/are a plus.
- Bachelorâ€s degree required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 6+ yearsâ€ experience in engineering based field, or operations, or program management
- The ideal candidate has experience in aviation with engine related engineering, maintenance, inspection, or manufacturing operations experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Well versed in Microsoft Office programs
- Previous military experience and SAP experience is a plus, but not required
- Previous supervisory experience is highly preferred with a demonstrated ability to obtain desired results
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to successfully lead teams
- Self-motivated with a strong customer focus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359961
Community / Marketing Title: Team Supervisor-Military Engines Warranty
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US