Manufacturing Engineer 2nd shift P2
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10748
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359100 Date posted 10/09/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an opening for a hardworking Manufacturing Engineers on 2nd shift to be based in North Berwick, Maine.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Job Summary -
- Interpretation of technical data such as Engineering Drawings, Quality Assurance specifications, etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Create, modify and maintain work instructions for processes including the definition of tooling requirements and parameters.
- Review tool designs, mark-up prints, issue request forms, track tool changes, and corrections.
- Provide production support by resolving manufacturing process issues.
- Lead Root Cause & Corrective action DIVEâ€s using ACE tools
- Perform the necessary process try-out tasks; including process development, first piece runs, and gage correlations.
- Support implementation of process improvement activities to meet schedule and cost targets.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field with 2+ years of manufacturing engineering and/or operations experience or Master's Degree in an Engineering field with 6 months+of manufacturing engineering and/or operations experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Material Engineering
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the application of continuous improvement tools: process certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Six Sigma, and set-up reduction are examples of continuous improvement skills.
- Experience and knowledge of machining and assembly processes, including tool application. CAD experience is required.
- Be ambitious, an outstanding teammate and flexible in schedule and function.
- Demonstrate proven communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to lead multiple competing priorities simultaneously
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359100
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer 2nd shift P2
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US