Refrigeration Mechanic- 3rd Shift (LG 04)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10746
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356699 Date posted 10/10/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We are searching for a dynamic Refrigeration Mechanic for our Pratt & Whitney West Palm Beach, FL site. This position will work closely with the Maintenance team. This is a 3rd shift position (Monday-Friday 12:00pm-7:00am).
- Assemble, install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and modify equipment and associated apparatus for refrigeration, heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and building automation systems. Assist with operations and monitor HVAC and related equipment to assure air quality throughout the plant.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Inspect equipment rooms, taking readings as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance and a variety of pneumatic controls and HVAC equipment.
- Receive and respond to trouble calls and alarms.
- Maintain, operate, repair and service recovery equipment and recover refrigerant.
- Follow all Company, Federal and State Environmental and Safety Regulations and procedure.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years in refrigeration mechanics
- Must obtain one of the following: NATE Certification, Journeymen Status or Associates degree in HVAC/R
- Requires a well-rounded knowledge of refrigeration and AC principals, and the construction and operation of industrial type air conditioning installations, refrigeration system components and applications and application of pneumatic and electrical/electronic controls.
- Must be able to read electrical and refrigeration drawings and schematic diagrams and to use various meters, gauges and leak detection equipment
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356699
Community / Marketing Title: Refrigeration Mechanic- 3rd Shift (LG 04)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US