Manufacturing Technician, 2nd Shift
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10745
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357781 Date posted 10/08/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Mikro Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pratt & Whitney, located in Charlottesville Virginia, is growing quickly and needs more qualified people. We are looking for employees who want a career opportunity, not just work.
Do you work on cars or perform your own home repairs? Have you ever done Torchwork, Lampworking, or Flameworking? How about making jewelry or working in a dental lab? If you are good with your hands you might be a great Mikro Systems employee. We are looking for you.
Do you have what it takes to be a member of our Mikro Systems team?
- Produce precision parts for aerospace turbine engines and critical components for medical imaging.
- Safely operate hand tools and some power tools while maintaining a safe work environment.
- The following physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that will be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the same functions.
- While performing duties of job, employee may be required to work while wearing personal protection equipment, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, walk and sit; use a computer; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud occasionally.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- US Person: US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Basic math and computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Phenomenal teammate and willing to work with little supervision.
- Read and Speak English.
- Steady hands, strong hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive Pay, Excellent Health Insurance and Paid Time Off.
- A clean work environment.
- Growth opportunities and challenging work.
- Day Shift and Second Shift opportunities (differential of $1.50 per hour for second shift).
- A predictable work schedule so you can plan outside activities.
- There are annual reviews with opportunities for advancement and increased pay.
Mikro Systems may be a good fit if you: If you have a work history demonstrating reliability, are always on time and ready to work every single day, enjoy learning new processes and
developing new skills and have the mental and physical flexibility to work comfortably with regularly-changing work priorities, we are a phenomenal fit for you.
Mikro Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building and maintaining diversity in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. If you require accommodation for a disability in order to apply for this position, please call 434-244-6480, extension 207, for assistance. All others, please follow the instructions above.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357781
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Technician, 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US