LMS Repair Engineer
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 10744
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359570 Date posted 10/08/2019 City Dallas State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW132: Dallas 2701 Regent Blvd, Suite 300, Dallas, TX, 75261 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The PW Mobile Services Dallas group has an outstanding opening for a Repair Engineer to support our Pratt & Whitney FAR 145 repair station in Dallas, TX.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Generate repair procedures, organize, plan and develop new field service repairs, identify, design and procure specialized repair tooling, and support the repair station field service activities.
- Meet the objectives of the growing line maintenance business while supporting EH&S, customer, quality, delivery, and financial goals within the facility.
- Work directly with the PW IPMT, CIPTs, CTS and the LMS technical staff to support execution of specialized field service repairs.
- Utilize engine manuals, service bulletins, and engineering authorizations to develop internal work-scopes for repair station technicians.
- Provide daily support to technicians as issues / concerns arise
- Craft technical documents that provide engineering requirements for repairs
- Procure and design specialized tooling / fixtures / equipment
- Manage projects focused on addition of repair capabilities, and ensure projects are completed to schedule and on budget
- Collaborate with Programs, Customer Technical Services, Tooling Support Services, Engineering, and Operations to assist in developing repair station capabilities
- Focus on continuous improvement, FOD, Quality, and EH&S initiatives
- Ensure that world-class safety is practiced and to incorporate EH&S requirements to repair scopes
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage in achieving repair station goals
- Willing to travel if necessary; some travel may be required
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- You possess either:
- Associate's degree with 5-10+ years of Aviation Maintenance or Aerospace Engineering work experience required
- Bachelor's degree with 2-5+ years of Aviation Maintenance or Aerospace Engineering work experience required
- Master's degree with 0-2+ years of Aviation Maintenance or Aerospace Engineering work experience required
- Excellent communication, problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Work with all levels of organization and communicate effectively with peers.
- Ability to drive obligations to closure with precision to benefit the organization and every constituent.
- Success working in a high energy and fast paced filled service environment with the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- You are a standout colleague with excellent social skills.
- You are a self-starter and can learn quickly
- You can drive and deliver results.
- Turbine engine overhaul and repair or related experience is desired, as well as repair development or process engineering experience.
- A&P license is a huge plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359570
Community / Marketing Title: LMS Repair Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US