Associate Director, F135 Maintenance Management
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10741
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357390 Date posted 10/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be your opportunity.
In this role, you will lead F135 maintenance, repair, overhaul, and upgrade (MRO&U) planning to include analysis of depot workload, workload distribution, depot parts planning/forecasting/kitting, joint technical data timeliness and accuracy, validation of facilities plans and layout for optimize workload flow, and ensuring steady management of work in progress.
You will be a results driven leader that can autonomously facilitate all aspects impacting depot operations and success, responsible for the integration of all aspects of MRO&U operations for a planned network of 7 + depot facilities worldwide. You will oversee day to day operations for product support activities, and encourage successful depot operations including transportation, material control, international beddown, activations, and operational & engineering support.Â This will draw on your ability to assess meaningful trends and make strategic recommendations to the global sustainment solution.Â
This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to meet the rigorous interaction with Pratt & Whitney discipline leaders, executives, project managers, the US government and international customers; of significance is the success of the partnership with both US government depots and depot operations with Rolls Royce for the LiftSystem.Â The candidate will also require the diplomatic skills to tactfully interact with horizontal and vertical management levels throughout theÂ F135 enterprise.Â
ResponsibilitiesÂ may also include:
- Providing timely month/quarter end support and business reporting for major program reviews with customers
- Continuous evaluation of all process impacting both improved and successful F135 depot operations
- Taking lead roles in team and group environments
- Working with customer/program personnel on various issues including cost reduction, andons, backshop repairs, joint technical data accuracy and maturation, forecasting and management of engineering support required to optimize both WIP and RTAT, IT tools for workload forecast, validation of successful and timely training program, part forecast accuracy, support equipment and PHS&T validation, and ensuring international trade compliance
- Analyzing trend data from the PW industrial base that could lead to MRO&U efficiencies
- Making liaison with the PW industrial base and assist with strategy development based on those relationships
- Advocating locally for aftermarket MRO&U policies and initiatives.
This position requires travel within the continental US and internationally approximately 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in business, supply chain, or engineering.
- An MBA or advanced degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- Â Five years' of experience in engineering, industrial management, program management, operations, or supply chain management is required.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status (Green Card) is required
- Must have or be willing to obtain valid passport in order to travel as required for this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Knowledge of ACE, Six Sigma, or similar Total Quality Management tools and metrics, including the development and management of supplier Key Performing Indicators (KPIs) and SLAâ€s (Service Level Agreement)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357390
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, F135 Maintenance Management
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US