Repair Process Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10740
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357456 Date posted 10/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We're searching for a Repair Process Engineer (RPE) to help us guide the future of our business here at Connecticut Stators and Components (CTSC).
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining repair process plans and work instructions in support of production in a highly successful segment of our business. You will partner with the operations/production supervisor to maintain delivery and financial goals, co-leading a critical portion of our overall portfolio.
Additionally, the RPE is responsible for assessing the need for new capital equipment, machine tools, and production tooling, as well as developing the business case justifications for and executing on capital procurement projects.
The cell currently works three product lines supporting sustainment operations for the PW4000, PW2000/F117, and F135 fleets. CTSC has, however, secured new and exciting products from the PW1000G family of engines with plans to introduce a number of these new products to this cell.
Over time, you will work with the leadership team to expand and evolve CTSC's capabilities to support a growing MRO marketplace, providing exposure to both strategic business-decision making as well as in-depth technical evaluations.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Guiding production and maintenance employees on tech data interpretation and helping troubleshoot part issues
- Develop tools and fixtures for part processing.
- Constantly strive to decrease process cycle times, reduce setup times, and, above all else, ensure our employees are performing their work safely.
- Develop process plans and operation work instructions for the shop floor.
- Execute repair process standard work associated with new product development (R reviews, UPPAP, Process Certification, etc.) with repair development team.
- Analyze key business unit metrics (scrap rates, COPQ) and develop proposals for future cost savings or process improvement repair initiatives
- CTSC is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
A Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering and/or Materials Science is required. Other degrees may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Undergraduate or graduate diploma
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Have on the job manufacturing experience via internship/co-op, trade school, or university classes.
- 3+ years prior experience in repair process engineering and/or aerospace.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects/programs.
- You have a strong dream to learn and have the technical skill to drive operations, rapid problem solving and continuous improvement, and automation of equipment and process concepts for external candidates is highly desirable.
- You can work with all levels of management, shop personnel and partners. Speak expertly and tailor explanations and presentations to the audience as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus.
- You are familiar with P&W Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals and Technical Orders or equivalent is helpful.
- Knowledge of military and commercial products / parts is preferred.
- Knowledge of source demonstration/repair source approval is desired.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357456
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US