P4 Quality Engineer CMM Programmer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10735
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355105 Date posted 10/07/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Â Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Quality Engineer CMM Programmer to be based in Middletown, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
A CMM programmer will support the new military AETD development program. The SEV CMM inspection area does not haveÂ a programmer.Â Besides the AETD program the ability to develop user friendly inspection software is critical to the success of the area. I am losing my two grade zero inspectors that have been able to generate simple inspection software but not capable of training new CMM inspectors. The loss of these inspectors will leave me with no ability to support NGTF development, FAA investigations, production tooling and parts
- You will be responsible for creating inspection friendly CMM programs using LKDMIS/ CAMIO software for both development and occasionally production equipment and products.
- The candidate will work closely with CMM operators and train them to become confident CMM inspectors capable of inspecting parts on their own with no oversight.Â
- The candidate will be responsible for incorporating the latest IT solutions to simplify inspection programs to improve inspector capability and understanding.
- The candidate will be responsible for the calibration, maintenance of all CMMs and advanced metrology equipment in SEV. This will include monitoring and recommendations to improve environmental specifications of existing HVAC environmental controls.
- The candidate will be the metrology and inspection methods subject matter expert technically responsible for CMMs, advance metrology, bench inspection and the calibration lab.
- Participate or lead VSM activities to improved part flowÂ lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement for SEV Quality.
- You are available to work primarily 1st shift however must be willing to work a flex shift as required to meet business needs and able to travel up to 10%
- P ositive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
Education / Certifications
- Associated Degree
- Associates Degree and 20 + years CMM Programming experience or Bachelorâ€s Degree and 7 + years CMM programming experience or Advanced degree and 5+ years CMM programming Experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Twenty years as a Quality Professional in an operations environment
- Â Working knowledge of Blue Light Programming
- Demonstrated experience generating complex CMM inspection programs using B.Ps and CAD Models
- Fluent in Blueprint interpretation and GD&T
- Working Knowledge of layout inspection
- Capable of obtaining High Security military clearance
- BS in Engineering, Manufacturing, Computer Science, Quality or related technical field
- Ten years of demonstrated CMM programming experience.
- Fluent in LKDMIS/ Cameo/Open DMIS
- Exceptional Â Blueprint interpretation and GD&T
- Working Knowledge of layout inspection methodology.
- Working knowledge of Blue light programming experience.
- Five years of quality operations experience in an Aerospace or Automotive environment.
- Experience training hourly inspectors.
- Ability to process and communicate information using MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355105
Community / Marketing Title: P4 Quality Engineer CMM Programmer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US