Quality Operations Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10733
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357792 Date posted 10/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for talented individuals to join our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you're looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a talented Quality Operations Manager for Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) South. HSMC South manufactures Turbine Airfoils for multiple commercial and military engine programs. We are looking for a motivated, high energy Quality Manager to provide leadership to a team of salary and hourly Quality personnel.
This position reports to the HSMC Associate Director, Quality and is responsible for the following:
- Lead a large team of Quality Cell Leaders and inspection personnel supporting all product families for Bench Inspection and NDT processes. 4 shift operation
- Support day to day Module Center deliverables and initiatives
- Foster and maintain a cooperative relationship with all HSMC Production groups
- Establish and execute initiatives which ensure Module Center quality metrics are met
- Drive inspection process improvements and promote a culture of continuous improvement through the use of Lean tools (Standard Work, DIVEs, mistake proofing, etc)
- Lead cultural transformation to create engaged and empowered workforce
- Attract, develop and mentor diverse talent for Quality Cell Leaders
- Hire and support training of hourly inspection personnel
Education:Bachelor's Degree Required; Engineering or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in a team lead or management role
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357792
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Operations Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US