Connected Factory Project Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10726
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357487 Date posted 10/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are seeking a dynamic manager to support manufacturing operations growth objectives.
As the Associate Director of Operations Digital Implementation, you will be responsible for managing many aspects of the overall Connected Factory implementation plan, scheduling, and budget for all Pratt & Whitney Operations (Manufacturing Module Centers and P&W Business Units) at over 31 sites.
This position will develop, align and ensure that the enterprise implementation schedule and budget are in sync with UTC digital corporate initiatives and Industry 4.0.
This individual will support a team responsible for project requirements, implementation schedule plans, and budgets. This will include coordinating the required schedules with internal IT, Manufacturing Operations, External Vendors and manage all phases of each implementation from start to finish.
- Work with Digital Factory Enterprise Program Associate Director, Vendors, IT, Module Centers, P&W Business Unit executives and managers as well as union shop floor operators to coordinate/manage all Digital implementation schedules and action steps outlined to ensure projects are on time, on budget.
- Perform a wide variety of planning, scheduling and budgeting activities to support the Digital Factory Implementation. Identify risk and develop a mitigation plan, making adjustments according to regularly changing priorities and scheduling conflicts.
- Ensure the implementation schedules are developed, communicated, and have flexibility while staying at or below allocated budget for each project plan for the anticipated sites.
- Communicate bottlenecks and gaps that impact the overall plan by managing resources for the success of each implementation site; team members, software/hardware performance.
- Bachelor's degree required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 7+ years of work experience in operations, supply chain, materials, project management, or engineering.
- 7+ years' experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing Operations and Materials Management, Industry 4.0 and/or Smart Factory Industry strategies and expectations.
- Strategic level business transformation projects preferred.
- Familiarity with SAP and SharePoint a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter that can work well with others in the team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and have the ability to execute complex tasks simultaneously
- Technical writing skills a plus.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with good communication skills both oral and written.
- Confidentiality, good judgement and integrity are critical.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357487
Community / Marketing Title: Connected Factory Project Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US