Instrumentation Servicer- 2nd Shift
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10715
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358602 Date posted 10/03/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We are looking for an Instrumentation Servicer to support our Middletown, CT location. This is a 2nd shift position.
Perform the electronics work necessary to maintain and repair electronic and electromechanical machine tools and equipment following recognized methods in selecting and using available tools and equipment and in planning or altering the methods necessary to complete assigned work.
- Under direction of supervisor follow instructions and drawings to determine material requirements, plan sequence of operations, obtain required support services and tools and equipment to carry out assignments. Check to assure equipment and supplies are available.
- Perform system installation, maintenance and repair work and carry out preventive maintenance and service work as required.
- Provide assistance to others in system operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, and proper work practices and work in support of others on special assignment.
- Work from drawings, sketches, and other similar information to build a wide variety of devices
- Perform similar duties throughout the facility within the scope and skill level of this job description. Assist other trades working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the opportunity for shared responsibilities and more effective use of available skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned trade.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years related experience or equivalent trade school or apprentice shop experience.
- Requires broad knowledge of electronics and electrical theory, including A.C., D.C. and solid state theory, polyphase power, and a thorough understanding of computer operations and codes (data entry and SAP), mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics, and their interdependence in control systems.
- Use math through trig, work from complex schematics and technical material, and a variety of test equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358602
Community / Marketing Title: Instrumentation Servicer- 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US