Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10713
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355672 Date posted 10/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The Pratt & Whitney Military Engines organization is looking for a Forecasting Analyst to primarily support our F135 (Joint Strike Fighter) engine program, but also the F100, F119, and several Mobility Programs engine programs.
You will provide strategic support to the development and sustainment of military engine fleets.
You should show up on your first day being able to:
- Gather, clean, validate, and visualize data.
- Communicate effectively with teammates and customers.
Within your first 90 days you will:
- Learn to use a proprietary stochastic, discrete event simulation.Â This toolâ€s primary use is in forecasting engine and module maintenance logistics.
- Establish a working relationship with an internal customer
- Execute a simulation model of jet engine utilization and logistics support processes.
- Analyze results to understand sensitivity to variables and evaluate support system performance.
- Organize simulation results in effective presentations for customers and management.
- You will collaborate with the forecasting team to support internal and external customers by developing creative modeling solutions to complex problems.
- Provide constructive criticism during forecasting reviews to improve the deliverable.
- Create Â and enhance documentation
Bachelorâ€s degree required. Preference in a complex problem-solving focused field (Operations Research, Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, etc.) or related field providing strong analytical skills
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Bachelorâ€s degree required
- 2+ yearsâ€ experience with Bachelorâ€s degree as an analyst, forecaster, modeler, or in supply chain Â OR 1 + year experience with Masterâ€s degree as an analyst, forecaster, modeler, or in supply chain
- Masterâ€s degree
- Modeling, [Discrete Event] Simulation, Statistics, Queueing Theory, Optimization, Python highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of jet engines as well as their maintenance processes
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355672
Community / Marketing Title: Forecasting Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US