ENG-GSE-Repair Technology Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10709
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359313 Date posted 10/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
This position is for a Repair Technology Summer Internship in the Global Services Engineering (GSE) organization, Technology Team. The GSE Technology Team identifies and delivers new repair technologies that improve repair quality, cost, or turnaround time for our Pratt and Whitney repair network. Responsibilities for the Internship includes, but is not limited to:
- Support managing/tracking the various repair technology projects and provide status presentations as required.
- Support the research of new technologies for potential to advance the repair technology portfolio.
- Support the creation of business cases to identify and prioritize funding for new repair technology development.
- Support the assessment of the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) for the projects to determine which are ready for incorporation.
- Support the identification and pursuit of intellectual property protection for applicable technologies.
- Support the schedule creation and monthly cost tracking for the various repair technology projects.
- Work with P&W repair facilities to understand process and implementation requirements.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship required for is position.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and completed a minimum of one full year.
- Fields of study are: Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Engineering School with a minimum of one year completed.
- Experience in Project Management a plus.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359313
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-GSE-Repair Technology Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US