Customer Support Engineer (TEC/AUG and Nozzle)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10706
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358907 Date posted 10/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This is an exciting time to join us!
The engine program that powers the F-35 has an opening for a motivated, self-starting F135 Mechanical Systems Hardware Customer Support Engineer. As part of Military Customer Support & Services, duties include support of Field Customers at Base and Depot Locations across three different military services and multiple international customers.
- Provide timely responses to numerous technical questions related to TEC/AUG and Nozzle hardware to ensure uninterrupted daily flight operations
- Assist Unit level sites as needed with responding to Action Requests (AR) questions related to TEC/AUG and Nozzle hardware
- Support urgent and critical customer flight operations, author presentations, logistics assessments, position papers, and support engineering investigations, as well as answering issues related to Joint Technical Data (JTD)
- Coordinate technical issue resolution among Lockheed Martin, P&W Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), Component Aftermarket Integrated Product Team (CAIPT), Logistics Program Management (LPM), and Joint Program Office (JPO) customer
- Maintain flexibility to resolve constantly changing customer priorities
- Coordinate updates pertaining to customer requests, Engineering Changes (EC) as well as Component Improvement Program (CIP) tasks that benefit unit/depot level maintenance between internal and external customers
- Travel to depots or field sites when required to facilitate engineering investigations (EI) related to TEC/AUG and Nozzle hardware
- Support Analytical Condition Inspections (ACI) for lead the fleet engines in support of limit expansion and hardware evaluation upon operation
- Support weekly and monthly safety reviews with Senior Leadership by briefing ongoing safety related investigations to ensure the fleet is operation safely
- Assist in driving P&W Engineering intent as well as corrective actions into the fleet
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of experience in an engineering/technical role
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Jet Engine assembly and engine shop maintenance experience
- Motivated employee with a team orientated attitude
- Demonstrated ability for solving problems independently
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358907
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Support Engineer (TEC/AUG and Nozzle)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US