F117 Hardware Customer Support Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10699
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357165 Date posted 10/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Provide rotational type technical support to the F117 hardware team. This position will support all of the F117 hardware components and will provide support driven by demand and/or need within the group. Tasks will include but are not limited to investigations, technical presentations, position paper authoring, Technical Manual Updates, root cause and corrective action investigations, service bulletin creation, adhoc admin requests, and engine history research.
- Form and lead cross functional teams with the customer, CSE, and CIPTs to resolve F117 hardware related and logistical issues.
- Lead investigations on engine or aircraft interface issues to identify root cause of anomalies and identify improvements.
- Develop and implement logistics plans for corrective actions in the field.
- Write Position Papers using technical data provided by other organizations to transmit recommendations and verify effectiveness and closure of recommendations.
- Coordinate with Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) to support including activities involved in implementing, conducting, DR, SIB, or MIP investigations to include the authoring and submission of a DR final letter or report.
- Co-Lead, coordinate, prepare and present technical and in support of Propulsion Technical Meetings and Propulsion User Working Groups.
- Provide rapid response technical solutions for Request for Engineering Disposition Instruction (REDI) requests from the field.
- Present major issues and solutions to internal management team and external customers in various communications meetings.
- Participate in Weekly customer telecoms to provide status of CSE activities.
- Support and present monthly to the F117 internal safety meeting.
- Create, manage and execute presentations across multiple organizations
Education / Certifications:
BS/BA required; a degree in Engineering or Technical Equivalent Field preferred
Required: 4+ years of engine maintenance experience
- Commercial or Military Engine experience
- Demonstrated successful management of large scale projects
- Demonstrated adaptability and capability to manage multiple priorities in parallel
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357165
Community / Marketing Title: F117 Hardware Customer Support Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US