ENG-CSE-Compression Systems Engineering Internship
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10685
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358221 Date posted 10/02/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Compression systems design engineering intern.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) - designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors - is currently seeking interns for the summer of 2020.
Duties would involve providing support for any of the following activities:
- Designing new hardware and improving existing hardware.
- Building finite element models, performing analysis, and determining acceptability to criteria.
- Conducting mechanical and functional integration activities across modules and engines systems.
- Supporting manufacturing operations.
- Managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Developing advanced engineering tools and methods.
Interns are able to utilize the classroom skills that they've gained in order to help solve real-life industry problems, and receive mentoring from experienced engineers. A sample of feedback from our prior interns shows that skills are typically developed or improved in the following areas:
- CAD Modeling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Project Management
- Time Management and Organization
- Engineering drawing interpretation
- Networking, communication and presentation skills
This position is in this location:
- Connecticut (Primarily Middletown and some East Hartford)
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Fields of study: Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358221
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CSE-Compression Systems Engineering Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US