Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10684
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357765 Date posted 10/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) is a fast-paced, high-volume organization that delivers a complex and technically superior product. We are focused on implementing cutting edge manufacturing technology to produce the latest designs for new engine programs like Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) and Next Generation Part Family (NGPF) while continuing to retain competitive advantage. The organization needs to ensure material is delivered on-time, with flawless quality and at cost.
HSMC is seeking CMM Programmers who will report to the HSMC Inspection Technologies Manager. They are integral to the continued success of the module center as they work to integrate new inspection technologies and maintain existing inspection technologies in support of the HSMC Lean Transformation.
- Creating and maintaining CMM programs to inspect turbine, nozzle or combustor engine parts.
- Evaluation and testing of new CMM hardware and software.
- Maintaining CMM hardware and software.
- Upgrading to new inspection technologies to lower inspection times, improve accuracy, improve repeatability and lower cost.
- Correlation of CMM programs and executive software upgrades to ensure accuracy, completeness and robustness.
- High School Diploma
- 4+ years of experience creating CMM programs with a CMM language; i.e. Camio, Modus or PC-DMIS.
- US citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred .
- Experience manually inspecting hardware using CMM or by traditional layout, 3D modeling; i.e. Unigraphics are a plus.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement.
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357765
Community / Marketing Title: CMM Programmer-HSMC
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US