ENG-GSE-Tool Design Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10682
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356733 Date posted 10/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
This position is for a Tooling Design Summer Internship in the Global Services Engineering (GSE) organization. GSE develops innovative repair solutions for all P&W Commercial and Military jet engines in order to economically return the engine to service. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- R eview concepts for new repair tool designs for Military Engine programs.
- Create tool design layouts and final designs.
- Review preliminary and final tool detailed designs and complete the PW Tool Design Review process.
- Ensure tools are developed and produced in compliance with PW Repair Tool design requirements and customer expectations.
- Support in performing form, fit, and function checks; complete tolerance stack-ups, process tool drawings for final release.
- Support in resolving technical questions on tooling from customers and suppliers
- Coordination with Repair Tool Planners and Tool Suppliers as required
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship required for is position.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and completed a minimum of one full year.
- Fields of study are: Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Engineering School with a minimum of one year completed.
- Experience in Unigraphics/NX, or equivalent 3D modeling software.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blue prints.
- Strong working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience in mechanical drafting and/or detailed drawing preparation.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356733
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-GSE-Tool Design Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US